Choose language | Alege limba: Română
22 DIY projects using recycled jars and bottles – learn unique ways of recycling jars and bottles and find inspiration for creating your own chic home decor with Vintage, French and Shabby Chic touches and many more!
If you too have a slight obsession with bottles and jars, welcome to the party! And … can I just call you my best friend from now on? OK, good! :) Because today I’m sharing with you a roundup with all the jars and bottles projects that I’ve made during the years! Or that included recycled jars and bottles in some form or another. I never even realized
I have an addiction they were so many until actually putting them all together here, but I hope you will find a little bit of inspiration for something you love and want to try on your own … if you haven’t already! :)
I think it all starting for me when I realized that you can actually paint glass and decorate it as a high end designer piece! It felt like a new world of experimenting just opened up and now that I really think about it, it was practically the first step to a road of no return! A road of experimenting more and more, giving recycled jars and bottles a new life and starting using them on a regular basis. If I would have to categorize these uses somehow I would say there are definitely 3 main categories:
- the recycled jars and bottles I’m using for DIY decorating (and sometimes for storage)
- the recycled jars and bottles I’m using for DIY health and beauty products
- the recycled jars and bottles I’m using for storing food (and lately for fermenting food, my newfound hobby)
22 DIY ideas of using recycled jars and bottles
Here are the projects that use recycled jars and bottles, in just a random (how I remembered them) order, you can click on the links provided or on the images to go to a specific project. Hope you’ll find them inspiring! ♥
1. Last time I showed you how you can easily remove sticky labels from jars and bottles using 2 non toxic ingredients from your kitchen and I’m including them here first, as our starting point. So I’m assuming you already tried my secret way of removing annoying labels and now have some sparkling clean jars and bottles just begging for some attention! And some love! :)
2. Essential oil diffuser using dried lavender (I used recycled jars with French apothecary labels).
3. DIY Faux rusted French labels using cinnamon and sugar! I French decorated a lovely apothecary jar – this jar was actually new, and not recycled, but you know how much I love highly adaptable projects, you can simply adapt this to anything you have around!
4. On the same project you can see that I actually used a (peanut butter, yummy) recycled jar to store our brown sugar. I simply adore using jars for storing different types of condiments or spices! There are so many possibilities here, you can even add labels to make things easier for everyday use. But even without the labels, I love how the clear glass gives you the opportunity to spot what you need in your cupboard … and just grab and use it in no time!
5. Sometimes the jars are perfect to have on hand … for serving your favorite ice cold lemonade! Or Mojitos! :)
Here I used a French apothecary jar with my DIY Vintage French CD Coasters.
6. There are so many ways to get creative with recycled jars and bottles, here I used my DIY Vintage Stickers to decorate this cute and sweet mini milk bottle.
7. And speaking of labels, do you guys remember my DIY Packing tape clear French labels? I created the labels having a decorating purpose in mind, but you can actually use the jars in your kitchen too! If you’re not into French decorating or want something more specific for your food, you can even use the same technique to make labels for all your spices and condiments.
Painted and distressed jars with a French twist? Yesss, please! :)
10. And my -> Easy seasonal decorating with French jars where I used the same painting technique to make more jars and used them with flowers, fruits, fresh herbs and essential oils to create a fresh vignette for spring. Highly customizable and totally adaptable to any season!
11. Of course recycled jars and bottles can come in all forms and shapes, like these DIY 5 Minute French Seltzer Bottles that bring so many beautiful memories from my childhood! I added my own twist by decorating them using French ephemera labels and I can now integrate them into our home decor … and enjoy them everyday!
12. Or these painted and distress pitchers! Can you believe these are actually made out of glass? -> Aged French Pitchers.
Here are a few ideas on the DIY Beauty department:
13. How to make homemade whipped body butter (I used a recycled jar with French label to store the butter)
14. DIY Rose petals & lavender sugar scrub (again, a recycled jar with a beautiful French label)
15. Epsom salt & lavender detox bath soak (once again, a recycled jar with beautiful French label)
16. And let’s not forget this DIY Coffee Orange Sugar Scrub!
17. For all the DIY beauty projects mentioned above, I used these DIY Vintage French Apothecary Jars and Bottles to store the goodies.
18. Another idea? These beautiful French Ephemera Fabric labels that will add a little bit of oomph to any home decor object!
19. You can also use recycled jars and bottles with my DIY French Faux Chalkboard labels!
20. As you can see, I really love adding labels to my jars or bottles, but you can get creative in so many different ways! You can turn the labels into tags or even create some clay or dough tags! Here I used my DIY Salt Dough Rose Tags to beautify a painted and distressed jar and I now use it to hold some of my brushes. I also added a tag to another one of those mini milk bottles that I have in my stash.
21. If you don’t have any pretty labels around, just use some paper tape to quickly label a jar for future storage – like I did here with my Avocado Dye for paper.
I get really excited when making a new project and I usually say … ”this one is definitely my favorite”! But then comes the next project with the same ”this one is definitely my favorite” and the next one! :) And so on, I just love them all! :) I guess that happens when you do what you love, I wish anyone could experience and add this feeling more often into their everyday lives, it’s such an amazing and liberating feeling!
22. And this last project right here is definitely one of my favorites! :) Can’t believe I haven’t managed to put the preview on my blog, but I shared the step by step tutorial on The Graphics Fairy, you can find it here -> DIY Coffee Stained French Tray Risers.
I used another one of my old DIY Vintage French Apothecary Jars and Bottles, it looked amazing when paired with these risers! And I really love the photos I took, can you smell that amazing lilac? :)
That’s it for today, I hope you will find my 22 DIY ideas of using recycled jars and bottles inspiring and love them as much as I do! :) All you have to do next is get creative and have fun! Let’s make the most out of the situation we are experiencing for the moment and bring more beauty into our lifes while staying safe inside!
Don’t forget to smile,