Choose language | Alege limba: Română
Nice to see you again my friends, I hope everything is well in your part of the world! ♥ It has been a while since my last blog post, can’t believe that spring is almost gone and summer is already considering to take its place! I mean, seriously!? When did almost half of this year passed? Things are moving way too fast these days…
The handmade shop, the DIY projects I’m making (and some other 1 million things I’m dealing with right now) are taking the most part of my time but don’t worry, I have some AH-MAZING DIY projects ready for you, I’ll show you soon what I’ve been working on in that department.
But for now I am inviting you into my kitchen! :)
Staying healthy is really important for me and my family, and to start with one of the (many) exciting news, I had the opportunity of testing an Optimum 9200A (2nd generation) high speed blender from Froothie, an Australian based company that sells Optimum super powerful vortex blenders, juicers and other equipment that will make your life such much easier and will help you develop a healthy eating routine. I’m telling you, these guys DO know their business!
I loved the Optimum 9200A blender ever since I unpacked it, especially that it had a beautiful white vintage color and was a perfect match for my kitchen! Looks are important too, right?:) But its qualities are even more important. And when I made my first smoothie … it was love at first ”pulse”!!! :)
I tried a few of our old favorite recipes (so I can compare my old blender with this new toy) and the differences are quite notable, both in texture, aspect and even taste. And I also made lots of new recipes, that I wanted to try for quite some time, some of which my old blender could just not process.
What I love most about Optimum 9200A blender is the fact that it really puts your imagination and creativity to work. When you get such smooth textures, the only things you have to worry about is how to find unique ways to serve your beverages or plate your meals. And if you ask me, one of its best features is the fact that it helps you aim to a healthier YOU. When you get to control all the ingredients and can make the perfect recipes in 30 seconds or less, I’m sure you will be encouraged to keep the Optimum 9200A close by and try more and more healthy and delicious recipes.
And speaking of healthy and delicious recipes, let’s get to the
10 things you didn’t know a high-speed blender can do
OK, so maybe you know (and even tried) some of the recipes mentioned below, but a high speed blender will take things to a whole new level and will make you see everything in a new perspective. Here are some of the things I have tried – for some of them I will also share the recipes real soon, so stay tuned! :)
- Smoothies. A high speed blender will definitely change your whole smoothie drinking routine. Say goodbye to all those annoying chunks of leafy greens your old blender couldn’t handle and say hello to creaminess and thickness at its best. Use frozen fruits or add as much ice as you wish, the Optimum 9200A can handle them all! Pour it in your favorite tall glasses or jars and enjoy the boost of vitamins on a regular basis. My new favorite is a perfectly balanced Strawberry Mojito Smoothie! And yes, everything that has lime and a little bit of fresh mint qualifies as a Mojito! :) –> check the recipe
- Smoothie bowls. Who says you need a canva to play with colors? Use your smoothie bowl to do that and you’ll have the perfect colors to start your day with. Make a thicker smoothie and pour it into a pretty bowl, decorate it with homemade granola, nuts, coconut or fresh fruits, top it with your favorite superfoods (like chia seeds or goji berries) and enjoy the most amazing breakfast ever! Chocolate for breakfast? Yes please! :) –> check the recipe
- Ice cream – prepare to be amazed when making your own healthy ice cream … in just about 20 seconds!!! Freeze your fruits ahead of time and just add them to the blender when you feel like eating ice cream. Serve it right then or put it into the freezer for a more firm texture. My favorite? Strawberries (or a mix of different types of berries) with banana, a little bit of lime and some mint – Mojito rules, remember? :) Healthy, extremely delicious and highly addictive! –> recipe to come
- Hummus – we are obsessed with homemade hummus, whether in it’s classic version or in any other combinations. We are now in an just-add-avocado-to-everything phase so avocado hummus is our favorite right now. And speaking of homemade hummus, why not also make your own homemade tahini in a matter of seconds?! Yes, it’s that easy! And besides using toasted sesame seeds to make a creamy tahini paste, I also use another special ingredient that I’ll share soon … I promise you, the best homemade tahini and hummus ever! –> recipe to come
- Vegan cheesecake – incredibly delicious when topped with dark chocolate swirls or fruits. The perfect treat if you are are vegan or have lactose intolerance, or just want a lighter and incredibly delicious dessert for summer. –> recipe to come
- Hot soups – Mr Dreamy is a big fan of soups so I’ve made a few quick and super easy combinations with either raw or boiled veggies. And when I say hot soups I really mean it, the Optimum 9200A blends the ingredients really smooth and if you keep the fast button on for about 6-8 minutes, it will also heat your soup (because of its high speed supa’ power)! How cool is that?
- Vegan cheese – this is my second attempt in making vegan cheese and I think I kind of figure it out, because I made the best vegan cheese ever! My first attempt was just an attempt, because I couldn’t make my good old blender to turn the cashew (the main ingredient in vegan cheese) in a creamy mixture and only got quite large chunks. The Optimum 9200A? It blended everything to perfection in a matter of seconds and I got the most amazing spreadable vegan cheese! Best when enjoyed outside with a crushed pistachio crust, cherry tomatoes and some wholewheat bread! YUMM! –> recipe to come
- Homemade mustard with fresh herbs – I’ve always wanted to try making homemade mustard and now seemed like the perfect time to do that. Made with natural ingredients and no added preservatives or artificial color, this creamy classic homemade mustard with a twist will blow your mind and will sure impress your friends this summer. And will make such a pretty homemade gift for family or friends, don’t you think? :) –> recipe to come
- Cauliflower rice – I can’t even tell you how much I love cauliflower rice! It’s super easy to make with only a few pulse touches and it’s extremely delicious. You can cook it in skillet for a few minutes and serve it as a side dish or on its own as a healthier substitute for regular rice. I like to add a handful of finely chopped parsley and turn it into an amazing cauliflower rice tabbouleh! –> recipe to come
- Vegan Parmesan cheese + vegan pesto – these two are my favorites when it comes to dairy free alternatives to Parmesan cheese and pesto. So delicious! –> recipe to come
So these are my 10+ favorite things I made using the Optimum 9200A , as you can see I kind of love this wonderful thing called a high speed blender:) I have a few more goodies but I’ll share them in the future. I also want to try making dairy free milk (from nuts, seeds or oats), I’ll tell you how that goes. Aaaah, and nut butters as homemade healthier alternatives to store bough ones and even grain flour.
Here are some more things I love and some of its features.
Things I love about the Optimum 9200A blender and some of its features
- I was impressed to see how powerful this thing was and it rapidly became my best friend. The regular blender I usually use has a 500 Watts power and the Optimum 9200A has an amazing 2611 Watts power (which is the equivalent of 3.5 horsepower, if you are into cars)! The Optimum 9200A is more powerful than a Vitamix 5200 and it became a best selling Vitamix rival, especially that it is so much more affordable than a Vitamix is. Here is a more detailed comparison between the two of them:
- It is compact and super easy to use – it has a power button and slow, medium, fast and pulse speed variables button functions and 20, 35 and 45 seconds time variables button functions. Choose the option you need for a specific recipe and watch this baby do its thing:)
- It saves you a lot of time, because in a matter of seconds you can have a perfectly blended and smooth texture. When being on the run and having a busy life, that’s huge, I’m sure we all appreciate any time saving machines around our home.
- The 2 liter jug is BPA free and is made from a light material. It is incredible easy to handle and is suitable both for wet and dry ingredients.
- The 6 blade stainless steel assembly (as opposed to the 4 blades regular blenders have) is also one of the many things I really love about this high speed blender, because you will not have any problems with all those rebel ingredients that usually get stuck on the bottom of your jug.
- The tamper is very useful when dealing with stubborn ingredients like frozen fruits or ice cubes that need a little bit of helping.
- The rubber cushion pad has a great system that easily secures the jug in it’s place, without the regular fitting and sliding you find in other blenders.
- One of its super cool features is the fact that it can also be used as a food processor, I was impressed to see how easy it was to chop or slice vegetables with only a few pulse touches.
- It is so easy to clean! After you are done blending, you just add a few drops of dish soap in the jug and half fill it with water, push the pulse button a few times and then just remove and rinse with clean water.
- And beside being so great, the Optimum 9200A comes with an instructions manual, a healthy eating recipe book (with over 80 recipes) and a free nut milk bag.
So you guys, I highly recommend the Optimum 9200A blender if you would consider buying a high speed blender. Maybe this summer could be the starting point to a healthier you, this blender will sure get you into the right direction.
And to continue with the great news, Froothie is giving Dreams Factory’s US readers a special discount when purchasing an Optimum 9200A high speed blender! You can get a $20 discount if using code ‘BDF-Optimum-20’ – click here to go to the store. Happy shopping! :)
If you have other great recipes that can be made using a high speed blender or have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.
/// PIN FOR LATER ///
Disclaimer: The Optimum 9200A was given to me by Froothie Romania for testing. I was not compensated or paid in any way, all opinions are my own. If you purchase this blender using my affiliate links, you’ll get a special discount and I’ll earn a small commission that will help support this blog. Thank you!
Don’t forget to smile,
Sharing with lovely people at these awesome parties.